Connelly and Associates Surveyors, undertake a large variety of works including urban and rural subdivisiontitle re-establishment, large and small feature surveysmonitoring surveys and engineering surveys.

Here at Connelly and Associates we use current cutting edge technology both in the field and in the office. We are licensed AutoCad and CivilCad users and can provide the data both digitally and by hardcopy.

Our services include:

Our surveying team is highly experienced in all areas of subdivision, including dual occupancy, broadacre estates and farm and rural subdivision, plus building subdivision, multi-storey apartment developments and industrial developments. ,

Our knowledge of the appropriate council and legislative means we can an provide a thorough explanation of the Subdivision/Development Process, along with many of the associated fees that you may encounter along the way in order to successfully subdivide a property. .

Our services include:

  • Searching of survey information at the Land Registry and Central Plan Office.
  • Establishing and marking title corners, providing boundary re-alignment plans
  • Preparing Plan of Subdivision to the local council, and provision of all documents to all authorities required, to obtain subdivision permit, certified Plan of Subdivision and Statement of Compliance from Council.
  • Provision of Plan of Consolidation and the creation, removal or variation of Easement Plan as required
  • Dealing with Owners Corporations and common property, as required

What is a Re-establishment Survey?

A title Re-establishment Survey is the process of redefining and marking out on the ground the boundaries, which are detailed on the Title Plan attached to the Certificate of Title.

The plan of survey then shows the difference between the title boundary positions and any existing fence or buildings along or near the property boundaries and makes it clear to property owners and neighbours where their boundaries are.

It also gives the legally acceptable position and area in which any new fence, building or structure is permitted to be lawfully erected on or near your boundaries

When do you need a Re-establishment Surveys?

A Re-establishment Survey is needed when a property boundary needs to be redefined, to avoid costly disputes and possible legal action from neighbouring property owners, when:

  • Major works are being made to a building on or near the boundary, or improvements to a fence or retaining wall;
  • Checking boundaries when buying or selling property;
  • Exact boundaries need to be established for strata title purposes
  • Local council requires a detailed survey of a property

What is a Features & Level Survey?

Features and Level Surveys are undertaken to locate accurately all important existing site details such as the location of buildings/trees/kerbs/street furniture/paths etc. and also to establish the rise/fall over the site and height of existing structures.

This information is presented in digital and hardcopy Plan format and is utilised by design professionals to aid in planning and design work.

When do you need a Features & Level Survey?

Generally you need these surveys where extensions are proposed to existing dwellings, or there is a proposed new  dwelling(s) and/or subdivision of land.

Your local Council will often indicate where such surveys are required.

What is a Neighbourhood & Site Description Plan?

Neighbourhood & Site Description Plans are similar to Features and Level Surveys, but often include (in addition) the location of several adjoining properties/houses, including habitable windows and private open space, to enable design professionals to meet town planning requirements.

When do you need a Neighbourhood & Site Description Plan?

These plans are required with new house proposals, dual occupancy development proposals and multi-lot subdivision proposals.

What is an Adverse Possession Application?

Sometimes property owners find or are alerted to the fact that they have more land fenced in than their title depicts.

Under Victorian Law there is the possibility to claim this Land through an Adverse Possession application to Land Registry.

C&A have extensive experience in such applications and are able to advise on the best course of action and carry out all supporting survey work for these applications.


When do you need a Adverse Possession Application?


What are Consolidations?

Consolidations are applications to merge 2 or more titles into 1. May be required by councils where properties comprise 2 or more titles and new development is proposed, or for other legal reasons.

When do you need a Consolidation?


What are Creation & Removal of Easements?

Removal of easements may be possible if they are found to contain no assets or are no longer required. This can often aid in re-developing sites and C&A can help put together these applications.

When do you need a Creation & Removal of Easements?


What is a Civil Engineering Survey?

This is a survey of existing infrastructure such as roads, drains or development sites, for the purposes of supporting civil works design and engineering.

Output may be in the form of a 3D digital terrain model (DTM), hardcopy Plan or other required format.

When do you need Civil Engineering Surveys?

These are required, where such information is requested by consulting or Council engineers.

What is a Set-out Survey?

Set-out Surveys are undertaken to accurately mark out lines for new construction, so that buildings are built in their correct design position.

They generally require a title re-establishment to be performed prior, so that we know the location of the boundaries on site.

When do you need a Set-out Survey?

Your builder or design consultant will generally indicate when a set-out survey is required.

What is a Volume Survey?

A Volume Survey is required to compute volumes of material for purposes such as mining, landfill, construction and engineering.

They may be undertaken with both conventional surveying techniques and/or GPS technology.

When do you need a Volume Survey?

They are required to ascertain before/after volume figures for purposes such as managing projects / invoicing etc.

What is Digital Terrain Modelling?

Digital terrain models are computer-generated 3D models of a particular area, which has been accurately surveyed.

The survey they are based on is often called a topographical survey, which locates points in 3 dimensions, and the output can be described in both 3D model format, or more conventionally by displaying contours.

When do you need Digital Terrain Modelling?

Digital terrain models can be used in all sorts of applications: Design work, volume computations, engineering design etc.